When you purchase a product or service online or in store, or
account with us,
we collect personal information about you to let you know about our latest products,
services or offers. We
may do this by post, email, text message, online, or by using social media.
We will only use your personal information to send you marketing
messages if we have a
legal right to do so. That could be either with your explicit consent or where there
interest", like when we have a business or commercial reason to use your
will always provide
you with the opportunity to opt out of marketing when we first collect your contact
and in every
We may ask you to confirm or update your marketing choices, if
purchase any new
products or services with us in future. We'll also ask you to do this if there are
in the law,
regulation, or the structure of our business.
The personal information we have about you is made up of what
us, and the
information we collect when you use our services, or from third parties we work
more information on the third parties we work with and how we use your personal
please see our
We also gather statistics about email opening and clicks, using
technologies to help us monitor and improve our e-mail communications.
We won't send unsolicited one-to-one (direct) marketing email
unless they comply with the rules of General Data Protection Regulations (GDPR),
Protection Act 2018
(DPA18) and Privacy Electronic Communication Regulations (PECR) and related
Specifically, our promise to you is that:
- We will always ask you to actively opt-in to
marketing messages. That is,
unless we're contacting you about receiving marketing for our own similar
during the course of
a sale or when you are setting up an iD Mobile account, and we offered you the
opportunity to opt-out
when you gave us your details.
- Our store and contact centre colleagues will
inform you about any
further use of your contact
details for direct marketing when you make a purchase.
- We will offer you a choice of how you would like
from us, including email or text.
- We will make sure that the products or services
marketing are the
same or similar to the ones you
originally consented to receive marketing for.
- We will ask for your consent to pass details to
parties for their
own marketing purposes. We
will name those individual companies when we request your consent.
- We will record when and how we obtained your
exactly what it covers.
- We will make sure the language we use when you
is clear and easy
to understand, and that
it's clearly distinguishable from any other matters, including other Terms &
- We won't use confusing language in our marketing
the use of double
negatives, technical or legal jargon and confusing terminology or inconsistent
- For telephone and postal marketing
name and contact details against
the Telephone & Mail Preference Service.
- We will always offer you the option to opt out
the point when we capture your
contact details and in every subsequent communication by clicking the
- We will make sure we promptly (and always within
days) opt you out of
our marketing activities on
your request. We will make sure there is always a simple, easy-to-access and
charge way for you
to withdraw your consent.
- We will operate and maintain an in-house
file listing the
names and contact details of
customers who have told Us they don't want to receive marketing communications
all or particular
means of communication.
- We will rely on the legitimate interests of the
alternative to explicit consent)
when we undertake postal marketing, when we conduct live outbound phone sales or
our business customers. We will include information in our telephone scripts and
on how to opt out of receiving such marketing.
- We will screen information to remove files of
people so that
they are not used for
- We will not send you any direct marketing if you
been in touch
with us or purchased from us in
the past three years.
- We have procedures for dealing with inaccuracies
- We will cooperate fully with any investigation
Commissioners Office (ICO) in
relation to our direct marketing activities.
- We may remove you from direct marketing if we
that doing so
could cause you financial
harm or distress.